Who Needs Philosophy



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Book of Eli


Some movies are to be enjoyed,some to be puked on (th..wilight), some to be loved,and very few to be understood. Book of Eli is one of those rare breed of movies that exemplifies how a movie can be an object of literary interpretation and analysis. Do this,and you'd get chills running down your spine, like what happened to me. Watch it with ignorance, I guarantee you would leave the theater asking questions like: what,like duh,like he is,like, so strange.. Well, duh for you then,sorry.
I won't talk much about the movie, (i wont spoil it for those who havent watch) other than it is flooded with symbolisms. The main character himself is a symbolism. His name, his physical disability, his faith, his quest, the people he met, his friends, his enemies, his book, his weapon (or choice of weapon to be more precise), his world, and himself. It was very interesting to see how plots of the movie unfold. There were enough actions and twists and turns of the plot which entertained me. But, there were more events which forced me to understand; not the movie itself,but the story behind it, the history, the "why's", the "what's".
Eventhough not without flaws, twas too minor to distract me from relentlesly trying to figure out meanings behind every single thing I see or hear. Not only that, more often than not, I found many resemblances to actual historical events. Awesome..
I highly recommend this movie. Especially to those who can and is willing to understand the true meaning of it and the message it tries to convey.. A message that will ultimately save us from the impending doom, and one that we have failed to grasp for the past 4 thousand years or so. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment